8 Smart Reason To Use A Hot Tub Cover
If you’re fixing up a hot tub or buying a new one, you should consider getting a hot tub cover for it, this is for several reasons. Many people will tell you that it keeps dirt and debris out of your hot tub, but more than that, it’s a great safety feature, and in this article we are going to see just why. Before we get started, it’s important to mention that you can get them either in hard or soft material, and that it’s always wiser to go with the harder one so that you can be as secure as possible. If you’re fixing up a spa, you should consider getting a spa cover as well.
1. Your hot tub, especially if it sits outside like a portable hot tub, will be protected from rain and snow, dust and other elements. A hard hot tub cover works best here because it’s not affected as easily by harsh weather.
2. It makes cleaning a breeze especially if the hot tub is outside. Without a cover, there will be bits of leaves and twigs that you have to get out every time before you use it. This is fact seems to be the primary reason why people go for covers.
3. Sometimes, little animals like rodents and insects will fall into your external hot tub and this can be quite a disaster if not caught on time. They can poison your entire system. A hot tub cover will prevent this.
4. This point is mainly to emphasize why you should go for a hard hot tub cover as opposed to a soft one. In extreme weather, a hard cover will hold the weight of either water or snow much better. They also come with a much better fitting so that there is no seepage.
5. In case of extreme weather, like in summer, you won’t have any evaporation so that you have to keep refilling your hot tub.
6. If you want to keep your power bills low, a hot tub cover is a must. A hot tub can consume a lot of power to get the water hot, and the cover keeps it from having to be reheated repeatedly.
7. Hard covers also come with superior insulation so that you don’t have to worry about losing heatt if you have to leave for a while.
8. A cover is great for taking any extra weight that may go on top of the hot tub. As a caution, sometimes soft covers have been known to give way and cause accidents. A hard cover means that you don’t have to worry about children or pets playing around it.
When you go shopping for a hot tub cover, choose something that will fit exactly otherwise you will not be able to keep debris, the elements and rodents out. If you can have it custom made or delivered with the hot tub, that’s an even better deal for you. If you are having one custom made, it’s worth while to take exact measurements to make sure that your entire tub or spa will be covered. As a footnote many portable hot tubs are supplied with a cover, thus saving you extra expense. Even most of the cheaper inflatable hot tubs come with a cover. These are generally quite well secured when fitted but may not offer as much insulation. Happy shopping!